Debian Policy BoF
Speaker: Sean Whitton
Track: Packaging, policy, and Debian infrastructure
Type: BoF (45 minutes)
Room: Zhongyangjianshan (中央尖山) Live Stream
Time: Aug 02 (Thu), 16:30
Discussion about the current state of the Debian Policy Manual and related documents. Expected topics of discussion include:
- where volunteer time is most needed
- Q&A about the process by which Policy is modified
- difficult normative bugs that are stuck and how we might unstick them
- Sphinx issues: remaining bugs and infrastructure needed for translations
- recruiting volunteers to translate Policy.
Not strictly within the remit of Policy, but something we might discuss, is the state of the Developer’s Reference, and other pieces of Debian internal documentation.